This project;Haunted Chavez was a project for Halloween. We were suppose to make Chavez look like a haunted place; make it look scary. We were suppose to have main character whether it was you or the monster; the emphasis. My idea for this project changed many times throughout the process of creating it. My first initial idea for this project was to have a room full of ghosts and demons and have one normal person sitting in the middle. That's didn't seem to be something I'd have time to finish so I went back to the drawing board for some new ideas. My next plan was to take a picture of my facing an army of zombies coming towards me. It seemed like a good idea but when I finished my first zombie and put it in the picture I realized it looked to small. Since my head was taking up at least half of the bottom portion of the picture I had to make my zombies really small and I could barely see any details. Even though I can come to an obstacle I still continued to make my zombies and eventually thought of something. I decided to just take out my head and put the zombies up close so you could see the details better.
As you can tell from the first paragraph I had many idea changes which meant I had to make some decisions can kind of bugged me. Probably one of the decisions that bugged me the most was that due to the certain amount of time we had to complete this project I had to cut my zombie count in half. In my final plan I was going to have like around 8 zombies in my picture but when I got into the process of making them it was made clear that to me change I was way in over my head. I could have made them all but it would have been turned in late so I instead I just put in 4 but the end result was still just as good with only half of the zombies in the picture.
With every project you do there's always the problems that come with it, which means you have to work to fix them which is actually good because you sometimes end up exceeding your expectations. Some problems I faced was making the zombies; how'd they look and how I'd make them. When I started making I had to mess around with stuff in photoshop seeing what things would look like. Even though I had taken photoshop before there is still much more for me to learn. One particular problem was making the cut up flesh and cracked skin which I had no idea how to do. Even with so many different paintbrushes none of them worked but later found that the solution was simple. I just downloaded paintbrushes that were made for just that; cuts, cracks, things of that matter.
This was probably the most challenging project I've done and I think i did very well. Though I'm no expert on photoshop I honesty believe I did very well. I especially like the zombies I made; even though some were on the border of looking fake I still was happy with what I got. I also think I did well with the atmosphere; it had this darkness to it. All I did was add a red background and used overlay but it made a big difference in the picture whereas if I had just left it the the way it was. The last thing I think turned out great was the shadows; They looked real and it was my first time making them.
All in all this was a very fun project to do and the most challenging as well. It made me put what I've learned to the test and I learned new things in the process. Though if I had more time I would have been able to do more and put more detail but I still liked the end result.
No comments:
Post a Comment