Friday, April 3, 2009

Metering


Light metering is when you measure the amount of light in a picture. When you measure the light of an object then use it for the picture you’re going to take. If you meter a bright object then when you take your picture everything that is not as bright will come out really dark and everything really else that is just bright or bright will stay. The other side of it is that if you meter a dark object then anything brighter will pop out.
In my two pictures you can see what I mean. In the top picture I metered a computer screen that was really bright and then took a picture and everything else that wasn’t bright was blacked out. The second picture I metered a dark object and everything bright popped out really bright. This can help you when you’re in a dark place and need some light to take the picture.




No comments: